Open Job Positions
i-EM SAT is looking for a Business Development manager to improve and grow i-EM SAT’s business, by fostering and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners. The goal is to drive sustainable economic and financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. Areas of interest: distributed generation from renewable sources, smart grids and energy storage systems, energy efficiency solutions, control and optimization of energy consumption, electric vehicles and sustainable mobility.
As a business development manager, the main responsibilities will be:
• identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
• identifying new sales leads
• maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
• meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
• understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
• Identify early adopters for innovative technologies and solutions, engaging them in pilot demonstration projects
• have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
• keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world
• help to plan sales campaigns
• negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
• carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management.
The main skills requested for the position are:
• experience (at least 3 years) in the areas of interest of i-EM SAT activities: renewable plants and smart grid
• IT, electrical or economics technical background
• ability to develop business models, competitive analysis, business plan
• excellent personal and telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
• excellent written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
• good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
• a professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
• initiative and good decision-making skills
• good networking skills
• Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Dynamics 365)
• initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch
• preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays
• developing quotes and proposals
• the ability to speak a foreign language may be an asset if you’re dealing with overseas clients
• full driving license
i-EM SAT Ltd, Harwell Campus (www.harwellcampus.co.uk), Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK
Permanent position, full-time, competitive salary indicatively between £40,000 and £60,000 yearly gross (to be defined depending on candidate’s experience).
How to apply:
Please send your CV by email to schedule an informal discussion about this opportunity: Meng. Ciro Lanzetta (CTO): email@example.com
We are seeking for an enthusiastic graduate scientist to take on an exciting role within our R&D team concerning the use of Atmospheric Science for energy-oriented applications based on Numerical Weather Predictions (NWPs) and atmospheric radiative transfer. The R&D Specialist will collaborate in the development of innovative techniques for the forecasting of atmospheric parameters (e.g. solar radiation, wind intensity) for smart grid services. This will require development of our high-throughput big data algorithms for atmospheric forecasting along with its implications on renewable energy production and smart grid management. The work performed will be extremely relevant for the development of the innovative digital solutions of i-EM Sat. This role represents an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company and make a real impact on its success, paving the way also for a possible career in the R&D department.
• develop algorithms and software for elaborating atmospheric forecast data (NWP), modelling their impacts on the energy grid;
• perform data inter-comparison and validation with respect to ground-based data, publishing the related results in peer-reviewed papers and at scientific conferences;
• research, design, develop and verify data analysis systems, participating also in the company’s projects mainly for requirements definition and sub-systems design.
Skills & Experience
• Degree (e.g. MSc) in a scientific discipline, preferably Physics or Mathematics;
• Excellent analytical and time management skills;
• Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude;
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Nice to have:
• Knowledge in atmospheric physics and experience of data analytics;
• Experience with computer programming and/or scripting languages (Python, MATLAB, C/C++).
Location: i-EM Sat Ltd, Harwell Campus (https://www.harwellcampus.com), Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK
Contract type: full-time, permanent, salary indicatively between yearly gross
How to apply:
Send your CV to schedule an informal discussion about this opportunity: Meng. Ciro Lanzetta (CTO) – firstname.lastname@example.org